Friday, January 7, 2011

Doily Craze Continues!

Well, the Hunnicutt Doily design team is hitting several road blocks.  What I thought would be an easy process is turning out to be much more difficult.

Coming up with a pretty design was the easy part.  Translating that to stitches is more difficult.  The problem lies in what look I'm trying to achieve.   For example, I really like the look of a leaf shape outlined in yarn-overs and then that bordered by a single twisted knit stitch.  Well, I'm finding that you can't put in another yarn-over motif next to it.  Or if you can, I haven't figure out a way to make it look good.

Anyway, I have taken to knitting several small sections from various doilies to become familiar with their construction.  I'm hoping that this will help me figure out the best motifs for different geometric designs.

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment