Monday, January 17, 2011

Doilies and More!

I'm still stuck on this doily craze.  I am really enjoying playing with the pattern.  Just a few changes in the pattern results in a totally different design.  Here is a modification of of my first design.  To change the center motif, all I did was change the number of pattern repeats and the direction of the decreases. 
I am fairly pleased with how it turned out.  However, there are a few design pieces that I added in that will be removed on the next go round.  These guys here:
I have also been busy spinning this weekend.  My two ply yarns have never impressed me; so, I decided to try my hand at three ply.  OMG!  What a difference three plies makes. 
I can hardly wait to make something with this yarn.  I have about 550 yards at this point.  To really do anything I'll need about 2000 yards.  After I get enough, I'm going to use dye it various shades of purple.  Maybe that will be my task for this next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment