Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Knitting Club at ACMA

I am very lucky to teach at Arts and Communications Magnet Academy.  This year, I am also the faculty adviser for Knitting Club.  My favourite substitute teacher, Linda, came in every Monday last year (whether working or not) to run knitting club.  This year she is doing the same thing (on Tuesdays).
Today was the first day of Knitting Club and I had Four...yes FOUR boys show up and some of my favourite girls too.  I'd post pictures but I can't put up pictures of students.  Anyway, it was great.  We made our own needles, learned knitted cast on, long tail cast on and knit stitch.  The kids struggled with the casting on and knitting but we got some stitches from one needle to another.  I'm hopeful that the kids will be coming back a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment